I was browsing through blogs this afternoon when I came across the Zombie Apocalypse Tag, a tag that I have seen many times and always thought was fun. So I’ve decided on impulse that I’m going to do it now. It’s a bit of fun, randomly choosing characters to fulfil certain roles should you end up in an apocalypse.
- Pick 5 books you’ve read.
- Write the name of the books on pieces of paper.
- Put the pieces of paper in a hat or container.
- Pull one piece of paper out to choose your first book.
- Open to a random page and use the first name you see to answer question 1 (under “Your Zombie Team”).
- Use the same book for question 2, but turn to a different page.
- Pull one piece of paper out to choose your second book.
- You will use your second book to answer questions 3 and 4.
- Your third book will answer questions 5 and 6.
- Your fourth book with answer questions 7 and 8.
- Your fifth book will answer questions 9 and 10.
MY FIVE BOOKS
Clichéd choices, I know!
First and second characters chosen from ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ by Cassandra Clare
1. Who is the first person to die?
That’s pretty sad. I quite like Jocelyn. I wouldn’t consciously choose her as the first to die, but she does seem a little rash with her decisions, so I reckon she probably would be killed at some point.
2. Who do you trip to get away from the zombies?
Yes, I would trip Sebastian, and I would have no regrets doing so. He’s vile, and I wouldn’t want to be around him, zombie apocalypse or not, so of course I would happily trip him and leg it whilst the zombies catch up with him.
Third and fourth characters chosen from ‘Catching Fire’ by Suzanne Collins
3. Who is the first person to turn into a zombie?
Sadly, it’s probably true. Mags is in her 80s and very frail, and even with Finnick’s support I doubt she would last long against zombies. I would be sad when she turned, though.
4. Who is the person to trip you to escape the zombies?
I’d expect it of Gale, to be honest. He is a very selfish and unthinking character, so I wouldn’t be surprised to be tripped by him. If I managed to escape the zombies, however, I would have no qualms about getting revenge on him.
Fifth and sixth characters chosen from ‘Vampire Academy’ by Richelle Mead
5. Who is the idiot of the team?
Aw no! I adore Christian, and he is very much not an idiot! Although if Christian is the closest to an idiot we have on this team, I’m supposing the rest of my team is pretty damn sensible, so we should be okay…
6. Who is the brains of the team?
That’s me dead then. As much as I like Mason, he certainly couldn’t be accused of being the brains of anything; he’s impulsive and doesn’t give his actions much thought. This team is suddenly going slightly downhill.
Seventh and eighth characters chosen from ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’ by J.K. Rowling
7. Who is the team’s medic?
As loveable and loyal Ron is, he certainly wouldn’t make a good medic. Despite being a wizard, Ron would forget all about his magic in a blind panic should anything go wrong (it would then transpire that he didn’t know the correct spell).
8. Who is the team’s weapons expert?
We would all be unarmed then, because if there were any useful weapons in the team’s possession, Fudge would hoard them all for himself, and then leg it, leaving us all weaponless. The way this is turning out, we can trust the idiot more than the brains, can’t get injured and need to hold on to our weapons very tightly indeed.
Ninth and tenth characters chosen from ‘Heir of Fire’ by Sarah J. Maas
9. Who is the brawler?
Yes. This is definitely a believable one. Celaena is great at getting herself into fights and arguments, so she fits this role perfectly.
10. Who is the team leader?
As the heir of her witch clan, Manon does have some leadership experience, and she isn’t bad at it. Plus, if she had her wyvern Abraxos with her, then I’d be happy with her leading the team.
Well, that team could be better, but it could certainly be worse. I reckon I would last a couple of days in a zombie apocalypse with that crew… The odds are not really in my favour though, are they?
I’m not tagging anyone here, firstly as this tag is about 10000 years old and I’m sure you’ve all done it already, and secondly as I have a habit of copping out and saying “I TAG ALL OF YOU!” So I do tag all of you, again. If you do decide to do it, have fun compiling your zombie apocalypse team. It’d probably beat mine.