I have too many books to choose from!
I usually do not set myself a specific list of books to read at a given time, as I tend to enter a slump if I set myself particular reading tasks. I am well over my Goodreads reading challenge of 40 for the year, having assumed when I joined Goodreads in June that I would not get much reading done as I had not read much for a few years, then proceeding to read over 130 books, novellas and poems over the course of this year. I don’t like changing challenges once they are set, so I did not rise it once it was completed. Because of this, I have no target with my reading. I think this has made me become a little bit lax. It is for this reason that I have decided to set myself a list of ten books to finish before the end of the year. Most of these are ones that I have had on my ‘Currently Reading’ or ‘Started-on-Hold’ lists for a very long time. Additionally, I will choose one book from my TBR jar. So here’s the list:
1. ‘The 5th Wave’ by Rick Yancey – I am currently reading this book, having chosen it from my TBR jar at the end of last month.
2. ‘Furies of Calderon’ by Jim Butcher – This has been on my ‘Currently Reading’ list since late October.
3. ‘Leviathan Wakes’ by James S.A. Corey – As with ‘Furies of Calderon’, this has been on the back-burner for a very long time.
4. ‘A Game of Thrones’ by George R.R. Martin – I am about a third of the way through this, and would like it completed.
5. ’26a’ by Diana Evans – This book was given to me by my father, who never completed it, so I feel like I should do just so that it gets read.
6. ‘Into the Still Blue’ by Veronica Rossi – I read the first and second instalments in the ‘Under the Never Sky’ trilogy over the past two months, along with the kindle novella ‘Roar and Liv’ last week, and so it would be nice to get the series completed this year.
7. ‘Tithe’ by Holly Black – Taken off of my ‘Started-on-Hold’ list. I love Holly Black, so I am not sure why I put it down.
8. ‘Never Fade’ by Alexandra Bracken – The final book in this trilogy was released about a month ago, however I am still yet to start book 2. I adored ‘The Darkest Minds’, so I need to continue with this series ASAP!
9. ‘Talon’ by Julie Kagawa – I am a big fan of Kagawa’s ‘Iron Fey’ series, and this book contains dragons, so hopefully it will be as good as I am anticipating it to be!
And my pick from the TBR jar…
10. ‘PS, I Love You’ by Cecelia Ahern – This is a fab choice actually, as I was considering putting it on my list before it was drawn from the pot. Having recently read Ahern’s ‘The Book of Tomorrow’ and ‘Where Rainbows End’, I cannot wait to see if all of her other books are as good as the first two I picked up.
That’s it for my December TBR list! Fingers crossed that I actually tackle all of these books (although I very much doubt it).